No-code and low-code: what's the difference?
The modern world of technology is evolving rapidly, and so are the approaches to development. In this article, we will look at what no-code and low-code are, their advantages, and main differences.
What is no-code?
No-code is a development approach that allows you to create applications without writing a single line of code.
How does it work?
Imagine a construction set of bricks. You have different blocks that you combine into a finished object. No-code platforms work on a similar principle - you select the necessary "blocks" (functions, design elements, etc.) and combine them.
No technical experience is required for no-code. Thanks to ready-made components and templates, businesses can quickly develop tools and respond to market changes in a timely manner.
What is low-code?
Low-code is an approach that allows developers to create applications using less code than usual, but still requires some coding skills.
What are the benefits of this approach?
Low-code simplifies development while giving developers more customization and control.
Developers can add their own code and extend the functionality of low-code platforms. This allows them to quickly change and adapt applications to the specific needs of the company.
The availability of integration tools makes it easy to connect low-code solutions with existing applications and systems.
Although both approaches simplify the development process, there is a difference between them:
- Suitable for non-programming professionals.
- Ideal for prototypes or simple applications
- Does not require coding knowledge
- More suitable for professional developers
- Allows you to create more complex and customized solutions
- Requires basic coding knowledge
What to choose for your project?
When choosing, you need to consider the complexity of your project and the resources you have:
- If you need a simple application or tool for standard business processes, try a no-code platform.
- If you need a more personalized application or individual system development for complex and non-standard business processes, then low-code will be more suitable.
fdForge is a multifunctional and flexible automation system on the basis of which the FreshTech team implements unique, complex, and customized solutions. Quick launch of a startup or optimization of existing business processes - all this is available thanks to the fdForge low-code platform.
The main advantages of the system are:
- saving time and money (4 times cheaper than development from scratch, we deploy MVPs in 2 months using ready-made modules)
- Increase in business efficiency (minimization of human errors, acceleration of business operations, optimization of resources)
- easy integration with various systems
- all data is protected and stored in a single system
No-code and low-code are modern approaches to development that help to speed up and simplify this process. Depending on your needs and knowledge, you can choose the one that works best for your project.
If you want to quickly develop a project from scratch or automate business processes in your company, leave your contacts in the form. Our manager will contact you and offer the best solution to bring your idea to life.